Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 75 - Slow Progress & My Metricon - How Can it be Improved?

The past two weeks has seen no big changes to the build.  Things have definetly slowed down. Snails pace is the best way to describe it.  We had to wait for scaffolding to be installed for the bricklayers to finish off the bricking...that took a week to arrive.  Then the weather turned ugly.  All in all we are hoping to see some more work done in the coming week so I will update you all with more pictures soon.

In saying that this week I asked Metricon to set us up with the "My Metricon" feature on their website - this is for Victorian customers only.  If you are building with Metricon this feature allows you to look at the progression of your build.  It also provides information on "Your Team Members" (this would be your Site Supervisor and Customer Consultant).

Below is a grab from the Metricon website which outlines the benefits of My Metricon;

Benefits at a glance

  • Ability to check the progress of your home at your own time and pace;
  • Access detailed information about your new home, at the click of a mouse;
  • Keep up-to-date on the progress of your home without having to contact Metricon staff;
  • Access to a large information resource; and
  • Learn more about the process of building your home, at every step.
  • We look forward to welcoming you to my metricon

I must say I was a little disappointed with the site.  Besides the pretty graph on the front page that shows you how far you are into your build, there wasn't much more on this site that was helpful.  There was a Studio M tab which just took you through what Studio M was, but this is not that helpful.  If you are already a Metricon customer then you already know what Studio M is. Not only that, you have already picked your interiors so why would I want to know what's new at Ceaserstone??

I think they should update this tab to allow you to see what you chose at Studio M.  It should highlight what colours you chose and then maybe direct you to the Metricon Look Book to help you choose the right interiors. Not just colours but also what products you chose. 

At this stage of the building process unless you took heaps of photos etc you would have forgotten some things you chose at Studio M.  Of course you can always go through your paperwork but wouldn't it be easier to have it at your fingertips online??  Wouldn't this add to the whole Metricon build experience?

Also I think they should add another tab - Variations!  Yep, it should highlight all the variations you have made and when you made them and who made them.  This would probably be useful for everyone including Metricon. This is probably a huge job for Metricon to undertake - not sure how their IT Programmers would take it.

If you are going to have this website service for your clients then they should make it worthwhile.  According to the Metricon guidelines I should be getting regular updates from my Site Supervisor and Consultant on a weekly basis, so the bar graph on the site is something I should already know....and I do...I have a great Site Manager and Consultant!  What I am trying to get at is there needs to be a more personable approach to the "My Metricon" service.

On another note Metricon's Lookbook is a great addition to their website.  It has so many inspiring design ideas and I am always looking at the site to get ideas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment