Monday 8 April 2013

Day 17 - Pre Slab

We got a call from our Site Manager today lettling us know that the team were catching up and we should see the slab be poured either tomorrow or Wednesday.

It was also the first time I had spoken to our Site Manager. 

I have to admit I was a little bit worried about who we would get to manage our build.  I have heard many horror stories and (and some good stories) about Metricon customers getting along with their Site Managers and I had all my fingers and toes crossed that we would get someone good!

It's still early days yet but I think we are going to be ok.  Clive (our Site Manager) was lovely on the phone.  He explained everything that was happening and what was going to happen.  He also thought our request to leave the slab to settle for 7 days was a "step in the right direction".

We also chatted about what to expect in the coming months.  He had high praise for Metricon and I am hoping I will also share his sentiments.  Time will tell.

I look forward to working with him.  I am sure we will have many more stories to come. 

In the meantime below is a picture we took of the house "Pre-Slab".

It looks huge!!

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Nat and Paul had Clive so I think you'll be ok! Hooray for the slab being poured soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Got an email today saying they will pour the slab on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Got an email today saying they will pour the slab on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete