Wednesday 28 November 2012

"So you don't want the standard range?"

Today we had our tile selection at Beaumont Tiles.

Let's just say we had to shake that money tree again...really hard!

I was really disappointed with Metricon's range of standard tiles. All of the standard range were ceramic tiles..which were ok, but if you wanted tiles bigger than 400x400 then there was nothing to choose from.

I knew we were going to have to upgrade even before I walked in the store, because I wanted porcelain tiles. But I never thought it was going to be so expensive.

I have to say the service at Beaumont Tiles was fantastic. We got the right advice and the team was very helpful in choosing the tiles for our bathroom, Ensuite, laundry and portico.

Our appointment went for just over an hour and I think our choices were spot on.

We kept it very simple and decided to go without any feature look within the tiling. Not sure why, but the Beaumont staff were pretty adamant that most people don't do feature tiling anymore because once it goes in it's really hard & costly to change it. We decided to go with the 600x600 floor tiles and rectangle tiles (same colour) on the walls.

See pics below for our tile selection.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete